Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits

It's May 1st! Twenty Five days and counting till my northern blast off. It is also (in my little world) the first real day of Spring. I used to be an autumn person, and I still like that season a lot, however I tend to gravitate towards to feeling of new life and vitality that spring brings. The sun will be out and shinning in force this weekend, and I intend to take full advantage of it. Juneau is one of the rainiest places in the country, so Mr. Sun and I might be taking a sabbatical from one another for a bit.


This is also my last day at the bank. Only worked there three months and the end still couldn't have come fast enough. Thats not to say I can't respect the job, I just...I dunno...it's not my slice of pie. Will I refuse to work for a bank ever again? No. Its very much a "take it or leave it" position.
Tomorrow I'll find myself - yet again - on a mountain. (woo). Vermont is supposed to be getting passing thundershowers tomorrow, so...note to self: don't pack anything with metal in it. Right. Fact of the matter is that my days are currently oriented around what activities will help me better prepare for my sojourn. I bought rain pants and a, (I am told), very good rain coat. Either way, I at least paid a very good price for it. Oy. I'll be putting at least the coat to good use tomorrow, and the entire ensemble will likely receive many miles of use once I'm at my work site.

But for now, there is sunshine.
And tonight...Margaritas!

No comments:

Post a Comment